Faith

 It’s been a rough few days. Yesterday was especially difficult. For the first time since Mark died I just…..gave up. I didn’t bother to get out of my pajamas all day. What was the point? Who cares if I got out of bed or got dressed? I didn’t.  I forced myself out of bed to do laundry so I would have clean clothes to wear this week.  Other than that I laid in bed. Until the evening. 

Then, I pulled out my bible, prayed and started reading. I’ve always been a woman of strong faith, but since Mark died I haven’t felt God. It was as if a wall has been built between God and I. My faith told me He is with me, but for the first time in my life I couldn’t feel Him. I have cried out to Him in my grief and yes, in my anger too. I have felt so alone and abandoned by God. 

Until today. As I sat on my front porch this evening and asked God where He was, He answered. He’s right here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 45

Day 60

Home Again and Dark Places